[vsnet-alert 10183] Further on OT_J163120.9+103134 (Psh increase?)

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue May 13 10:15:50 JST 2008

   Further on OT_J163120.9+103134 from cvnet messages:

   A period increase suggested by Jochen Pietz's observations is
intriguing, because the superhump period lies just on the bordeline
where positive/negative Pdot systems.  Further time-series photometry
is of course strongly encouraged.  The VSNET team (Najajima-san et al.)
has also been following the object and the same superhumps.
We would be grateful to receive any time-series observations
(please send them to
vsnet-campaign-report at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp ).

===

From: "Tonny Vanmunster" <Tonny.Vanmunster at cbabelgium.com>
Subject: [cvnet-outburst] CBA data analysis of optical transient SDSS J163120.88+103134.0

Dear colleagues,

I have just posted my data analysis of the optical transient SDSS
J163120.88+103134.0, that was=A0discovered by the Catalina Sky Survey on Ma=
5th, 2008. Following its outburst announcement, I started unfiltered CCD
photometry of this variable star on May 5/6, 2008 at CBA Belgium
Observatory, using a 0.35-m f/6.3 telescope and ST-7XME CCD camera.
Independent from other observers (a/o Jochen Pietz and Pavol Dubovsky), I
detected superhumps in this system, establishing the variable as a new
member of the UGSU-type dwarf novae.=A0

I made follow-up observations on three successive nights (May 05/06, 06/07
and 07/08, 2008), on the basis of which I performed a period analysis, usin=
the ANOVA method in Peranso. I added to my observations also a dataset
obtained by Tom Krajci, CBA New Mexico. The resulting time series data
contained 1096 observations and yielded a superhump period of 0.0639 +/-
0.0002 d. The superhump amplitude was ~0.36 mag.=20

The lightcurve, period and phase windows have been posted on my website
www.cbabelgium.com.

Best regards,
Tonny

Tonny Vanmunster
CBA Belgium Observatory
http://www.cbabelgium.com=20
=20
PERANSO : The Light Curve and Period Analysis Software
http://www.peranso.com

===

From: Jochen Pietz <jochen_pietz at yahoo.de>
Subject: Re: [cvnet-outburst] OT_J163120.9+103134 = CSS transient = 1RXS J163119.5+103111

The fading (0.17 mag / day) has more or less stopped (see
http://home.arcor.de/j.pietz/cv/ot163120.html).

Hump amplitude yesterday night (11/12 May) : around ~0.1 mag.

Maybe some indications of hump period increase:

Interval                   Period
May 05/06 - May 07/08      0.06393 days
May 06/07 - May 08/09      0.06393 days
May 07/08 - May 10/11      0.06411 days