[vsnet-alert 10295] Re: VY Aqr outburst!

Patrick Schmeer pasc1312-aavso at yahoo.de
Mon Jun 30 11:25:44 JST 2008

--- Taichi Kato <tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> VY Aqr outburst!!   TIme-series observations are very
> strongly encouraged!  The last outburst was in 2006 Oct.
> (normal outburst). We haven't seen a superoutburst since
> the last one in 1990.

That superoutburst was detected on 1990 Jun. 30. However,
the last recorded one started on 1993 Apr. 25.

Btw, why was a copy of your report posted to wzsge at yahoogroups.com?
VY Aqr is not a WZ Sge-type dwarf nova but an SU UMa star
(with a mean cycle length of about 1 year and a supercycle length
of about 2 years).

Regards,
Patrick