[vsnet-alert 10355] Re: FW: XMM-Newton discovers the star that everyone missed

Mike Simonsen mikesimonsen at aavso.org
Sun Jul 20 02:08:27 JST 2008

The reporting on this has been incredibly bad in many ways.
Some are calling V589 Pup a supernova, named by the IAU.
And I don't think it is all that unusual for legions of sky watchers
to miss an event in Puppis in June or July considering its proximity
to the SUN!

I've tried to clear things up a bit at:
http://simostronomy.blogspot.com/

Mike Simonsen