[vsnet-alert 10735] Fw: NSV05285: definitely an SU UMa-type dwarf nova

Mati Morel mmorel7 at bigpond.com
Mon Nov 24 19:55:51 JST 2008

 In case there is any confusion about the correct position of NSV 5285, the GCVS search page
provides
 the following position :
 (2000)  11:39:50.6 +45:58:19
 This agrees perfectly with the Catalina transient OT_J113950.6+455818 and matches well the original
 finder chart by Kowal et al, 1975 PASP 88,531, classified as QSO:
 At some point in the past a very inaccurate position found its way into the public domain, this
 being 20s of RA to the east. This faulty position still appears on my Guide8 display, but I
consider
  it does not refer to any real object and should be ignored.
 Kowal's object is 140" W and 120" N of the centre of NGC 6628 = MCG 8-20-89.
 This is the Catalina transient with no doubt.
 Mati Morel
 E151:38:33
 S32:46:47
 mmorel7 at bigpond.com