[vsnet-alert 10909] Re: re FWD ATEL 1892

Michael Linnolt linnolt at hawaii.edu
Tue Jan 6 07:27:10 JST 2009

Yikes, reliable extrapolation from r' to V is going to be quite poor using IR J/K color differences, and  I would not trust these conversions to any great extent, given all the variables involved with such a major color band shift.  Its tough enough to adjust to Johnson-V from slightly-off photographic visual band color differences even!

Mike Linnolt