[vsnet-alert 11423] Re: V2672 Oph rebrightening

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Aug 23 12:32:53 JST 2009

> V2672 Oph, the fast nova in Oph was quite steady last night but suddenly
> started to rebrighten from JD 5065.321 onwards at a rate of 0.36 mag/hour as
> observed with an unfiltered CCD.
> I am pleased to have registered the sudden change in the light curve and
> look forward to what's happening next.

   Berto Monard has kindly provided observations.  The phenomenon might be
an egress from an eclipse, as was observed in U Sco.
In any case, further observations would tell what is going on!

   Given the faintness and significant interstellar reddening, multicolor
photometry won't be very promising.  Unfiltered photometry would do the best.