[vsnet-alert 11728] Re: CSS CV naming convention

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Dec 14 10:47:26 JST 2009

> Let me say for the record, that the CV Section, respectful of the
> rights of the Catalina Real-Time Sky Survey, will use the full proper
> names of these objects in its mailing lists, ...

   We can of course receive reports with either name (OT J or CSS).
But, please use "the full proper names" and do not make abbreviations
such as CSS090213.  If your spreadsheets (or any reporting software)
can not hold object names longer than 10 characters, we strongly urge
rewriting the program.  When your program absolutely requires
an abbreviation, a coordinate-based abbreviation is less confusing.