[vsnet-alert 11860] Re: V407 Cyg outburst

Luboš Brát brat at pod.snezkou.cz
Fri Mar 12 19:32:57 JST 2010

Hi all,

we have monitored the symbiotic - mira variable V 407 Cyg during years
2003 - 2005. The object showed classical mira - type pulsations with period
~ 750 days. Our VRI data shows, that color indexes V-R is about 2.5 mag and
R-I is the same value 2.5 mag during the mira cycle.
In guiescent, the V ranges from 12.1 - 14.3 mag, Rc = 9.2 - 12.2 mag, Ic =
7.0 - 9.8 mag during mira pulsations.

The VRI light curve from MEDUZA database is here:
http://var2.astro.cz/EN/meduza/light-curves-ccd.php?star=V%20407%20Cyg&shv=Cyg

In this recent symbiotic outburst, the V-R is 1.26 mag and R-I is 1.37 mag
(Hiroyuki Maehara report). So the object is bluer than in quiescent, what
corresponds with our understanding of symbiotic outbursts.

With best regards
Lubos Brat
- Variable Star and Exoplanet Section
of Czech Astronomical Society