[vsnet-alert 12062] Wils_SDSSJ162520.29+120308.7 superhumps, type

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Jul 7 10:13:47 JST 2010

Wils_SDSSJ162520.29+120308.7 superhumps, type

> I can now estimate a Psh= 2.14 hours, while the amplitude of the
> modulation is about 0.15 mag.

   We have received these observations and confirmed the basic feature.
Ian Miller also reported observations on the previous night.
It is most likely that the 0.047 d period observed at the early stage
was double-wave "stage A" superhumps, which have longer periods than
those of ordinary superhumps.
While the V485 Cen or EI Psc-type classification is now invalidated,
the strong appearance of TiO feature at this superhump period is
still unusual.  This object somewhat reminds me of QZ Ser, a dwarf nova
with a similar period and with a luminous secondary.

   Further continued observations are encouraged!