[vsnet-alert 12615] Re: OT J043112.5-031452

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Jan 14 10:20:34 JST 2011

Re: OT J043112.5-031452

> I finished my 5.8 hours of photometry on this star, finding a Psh
> candidate of 1.603 hours. I see another feature, which is modulated by
> an apparently shorter period of 1.586 hours, looking like an eclipse.

   Yes, this is indeed a new eclipsing SU UMa-type dwarf nova!
The eclipses were recorded at minimum of superhumps, and the amplitudes
of the superhumps were about 0.3 mag.  The relatively low outburst amplitude
in the CRTS data may be explained by this high inclination.
We will refine the periods when we receive additional observations.

Please send data to:
vsnet-campaign-report at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp and
ohshima at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp , too.

   Now Ohshima-san will take a measure to make rapider responses to newly
coming data!