[vsnet-alert 13095] Re: DR UMa outburst!

Tom Krajci tom_krajci at tularosa.net
Wed Apr 6 00:54:23 JST 2011

I have done a quick examination of the stacked short-exposure BVRI images.

I compared instrumental magnitude of the target to GSC 3855-0825 (approx
2 arcmin east of the target and approx. mag. 13.7)

It appears the B-V value for the target is about 0.2 mag brighter (i.e.
less red) than GSC 3855-0825.

I would not put high confidence on these measures.  The target is faint
and the exposures were short.  I am not experienced at multi-filter
photometry reductions...I mostly operate scopes to collect the data.
(If weather is good tonight I'll use longer exposures for BVRI coverage
to improve SNR)

If anyone wants to examine the calibrated and stacked images, I would be
happy to ftp them.

Tom Krajci
Cloudcroft, NM