[vsnet-alert 13194] Re: [AAVSO-DIS] T Pyx sequence

Brian Skiff bas at lowell.edu
Sun Apr 17 10:10:32 JST 2011

On Sat, 2011-04-16 at 21:38 -0300, Sebastián Otero wrote:
> We have added a 77 comp star (HD 77018) to the T Pyx sequence to replace the
> 78 comp star very close to the variable that was found to be variable and
> also not recommended to be used as a comp star in AAVSO Alert Notice 437 (it
> was the former comp star "84").
> Update your charts.
>
> Also the multicolor photometry for HD 77645 (69) was included in the
> photometry table.
> The data come from
> http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/bib_query?1986A&AS...65...33M
> and the original Johnson's R and I values have been transformed to Cousins
> Rc and Ic according to the authors of that paper.

     Be careful:  if this is the source paper for the data you
mention, then the VRI results are already on the Cousins system!
The Moreno & Carrasco data were reduced directly against Graham
E-region standards, so there was no Johnson R,I anything involved.
The two-color plots shown in the paper do involve transforming
standard relations by Johnson to the Cousins system, but that was
necessary because their VRI data are Cousins colors.
     Peripherally, I have keyed-in all the Carrasco et al UBVRI
series of papers (quite good data), adding coordinates, which has
been submitted to the CDS and is also available from:

ftp://ftp.lowell.edu/pub/bas/starcats/carrasco.dat

This includes all the observations of the standard stars as well as
the program stars.

\Brian