[vsnet-alert 14365] Re: Magnitude 9 nova in Centarus?

Josch Hambsch hambsch at telenet.be
Sun Mar 25 02:38:30 JST 2012

Hi,

as there seem to be no sequence of the AAVSO available, I tried to use the
photometry tool of MAXIM. Attached is the image based on a time series of
the field over about 4h30.
(UT  2h30-7h) on March, 24. I used TYC 8675 0599 as comp star Its mag is
9.528 (based on GUIDE8).
So the magnitude in V band of the nova is around 9.37 mag at the beginning
dropping about 0.08 mag towards the end of the run.

Regards,
Groeten,
Grüße,

Josch