[vsnet-alert 15060] Re: MASTER OT J203749.39+552210.3: likely early superhumps

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Oct 26 11:44:12 JST 2012

Re: MASTER OT J203749.39+552210.3: likely early superhumps

> The source show a 0.05 mag large, double peaked  modulation, resembling early
> superhumps.
>
> We performed a period search on our two joint dataset, finding a candidate of
> 1.504(7) hours.

   The Kyoto team also obtained observation (Ohshima-san, Nakata-san,
Hori-san and Polina Zemko) last night.  The combined data seem to
strengthen this finding.  The measured period is 0.0625(2) d
with double maxima.  The amplitudes were quite low (0.02 mag) and
we need further observations.  Note also this period is longer
than many of those of WZ Sge-type dwarf novae.  The object may be
similar to EG Cnc and should require further attention.