[vsnet-alert 15515] Re: Mis V1448 - missed classical or recurrent Nova?

arne arne at aavso.org
Fri Mar 15 21:55:19 JST 2013

On 3/15/13 3:26 AM, FIDRICH Robert wrote:
> Dear Arne,
>
> on 3 July 2012 you wrote:
>
>> The AAVSO Photometric All-Sky Survey (APASS; see http://www.aavso.org/apass)
>> observed this field on April 28, 2012.  We would have BVg'r'i' images of
>> the region, with limiting magnitude of about 17.  I am heading to a meeting
>> and won't be able to look at these images for a week or so.  If there is
>> still a need, I'll be happy to check them when I return.
>
> Did you manage to check whether Mis V1448 was visible on that APASS
> images?
>
> Btw has anyone managed to take a spectrum of this star in order to check
> whether it was a classical nova or a dwarf nova?

I've put an image cutout from the 2012-04-28 Sloan r' image at:
ftp://ftp.aavso.org/public/aavsonet/apass/misv1448_SR_120428.jpg

The object is near the plate limit of about 17th magnitude, so is still in
quiescence on this date (JD 2456045.829).  That further constrains the date of
the outburst.
Arne