[vsnet-alert 19134] Re: ASASSN-14ei: no major outburst?

Berto Monard bmonard at mweb.co.za
Thu Oct 8 03:51:39 JST 2015

Hello Taichi,

I am observing tonight 7/10/2015 and find ASASSN-14ei to be again brighter than
mag 13 unfiltered. This object seems to go through phases quite similar to V803
Cen and it may have reached another maximum. I just wonder and think that the ASAS
detection might well have been genuine...

Regards,

Berto Monard / CBA Kleinkaroo

wzsge at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [vsnet-alert 19119] ASASSN-14ei: no major outburst?

ASASSN-14ei: no major outburst?

   Berto Monard has reported observations.  There was no major outburst as
suggested in [vsnet-alert 19090] (ASAS-SN data near this epoch had upper limits,
suggesting that these bright detection may have been false).

   Despite that, these observations in 2015 indicate the stable period of
0.029765(3) d.  This period is the same as the one observed during the
rebrightening phase in 2014.

---