[vsnet-alert 19472] Re: AG Car Brightening

Andrew Pearce andrew.pearce at woodside.com.au
Tue Feb 9 08:59:24 JST 2016

> Hi Peter

The AAVSO light curve for AG Car is interesting over the last year or so.
The CCD V mags are extensive and show a very gradual rise from mag 8 to 7
beginning about May last year.  The 6 months prior to that the brightness
was essentially constant.   My observations reflect this flat stretch and
the gradual rise well but are generally offset 0.4-0.5 mag fainter.  Your
observations show a much steeper rise from June onwards starting from a
fainter magnitude of about 9.0.  I made it mag 7.4 last night so not quite
as bright as mag 7.0, however that seems to be consistent with the constant
offset I seem to have compared to CCD V mags throughout.

It will be interesting to see how it develops.

Cheers
Andrew