[vsnet-alert 19638] Re: V803 Cen: bright stable state?

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Mar 25 11:26:17 JST 2016

Re: V803 Cen: bright stable state?

> V803 Cen has not shown the large variations  for the last two days.
> The mean magnitude is ~13.6 V.
> It appears that this object is in bright stable state, like a standstill.

   There have been damping oscillations which smoothly
evolved to a standstill-like state.  This behavior
suggests that the ~1-d low-amplitude oscillations
sometimes seen in this system is related to
the standstill-like state, i.e. weak dwarf nova-type
instability close to the stability border.
Such behavior in this system has not been recorded
as far as I know.  Isogai-san, could you also
report on analysis of superhumps?