[vsnet-alert 24363] (fwd) HQ Mon (Goranskij)

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Jun 17 09:25:51 JST 2020

(fwd) HQ Mon (Goranskij)

   Such a fading was probably a dip in IW And-type star
following an outburst (from a standstill).

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 13:41:40 +0300
Subject: Re: [vsnet-alert 24348] HQ Mon: now confidently IW And + probably VY
 Scl
From: goray at sao.ru

Dear Dr. Kato.

We have found similar fading of HQ Mon on 2001 Mar 25.
CCD observations were made at SAO RAS observatory with
the 1-meter Zeiss telescope. Here the heliocentric date
for that fading and B,V, and Rc magnitudes are given:

2451994.2503 15.303 14.833 14.413
2451994.2657 15.200 14.827 14.335

Since that time, we hunt for such fadings without any
success. Our light curve in the V band is here:

http://vgoranskij.net/HQMon/HQMON.png

Our earlies estimates of the cycle length are between 25
and 35 days.

Vitaly Goranskij
Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University