[vsnet-alert 24377] TCP J02041514+4053325: new SU UMa-type dwarf nova

Tonny Vanmunster tonny.vanmunster@gmail.com via vsnet-alert vsnet-alert at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jun 25 07:42:29 JST 2020

Dear colleagues,

I have just finished analysing 7 consecutive nights (June 17 - 23, 2020) of unfiltered CCD observations of TCP J02041514+4053325, obtained at CBA Extremadura Observatory, using a 0.40-m f/5.1 telescope and SX-46 CCD camera.

During the initial 6 nights of observations, low amplitude superhumps were visible. Due to the unfavourable location of this object in the morning sky, it was not evident to establish the superhump period (relatively short observing sessions). However, regular full-grown superhumps with an amplitude of 0.21 mag finally started to appeared on June 23/24, 2020, hence establishing TCP J02041514+4053325 as a new SU UMa-type dwarf nova. I performed a preliminary (due to session length) period analysis using the ANOVA, Lomb-Scargle, Generalized-Lomb-Scargle and PDM methods (Peranso 3.0, under development) methods. This yields a combined superhump period of 0.0522 +/- 0.0011d. The object was at mag 16.1 (CV) on Jun 24th.

I expect to run a longer observing session tonight, which will help to further refine the superhump period.

I will send my observations to AAVSO, CBA and VSNET for further analysis.

Best regards
Tonny

--
Tonny Vanmunster