[vsnet-alert 24824] AY Lac: new WZ Sge-type dwarf nova - superhump period

Tonny Vanmunster tonny.vanmunster@gmail.com via vsnet-alert vsnet-alert at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Oct 21 03:52:31 JST 2020

Dear colleagues,

Further to yesterday's message, I have now been able to combine my Oct 18/19 and Oct 19/20 datasets of AY Lac. Both runs were seriously hampered by clouds. Using the ANOVA, Lomb-Scargle, Generalized-Lomb-Scargle and PDM methods (Peranso 3.0, in Beta testing), I derived a combined superhump period value of 0.0595 +/- 0.0009d. However, there's a second prominent peak at 0.0766d, be it with a lower power value. The amplitude of the superhumps was 0.29 mag.

Follow-up observations are strongly recommended to accurately determine the superhump period.

Best regards
Tonny

--
Tonny Vanmunster