[vsnet-alert 25746] ASASSN-17lf: new eclipsing SU UMa-type dwarf nova

tonny.vanmunster@gmail.com via vsnet-alert vsnet-alert at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Apr 21 06:32:57 JST 2021

Dear colleagues,

I have just finished analysing my unfiltered CCD observations of
ASASSN-17lf, obtained on 2021, Apr 19/20 at CBA Extremadura Observatory,
using a 0.40-m f/5.1 telescope and SX-46 CCD camera under (initially) clear
skies.

Due to incoming clouds, I had to stop my observations after approx. 1.4
hours. A superhump is clearly visible in the dataset, but I'm not able to
accurately determine the superhump period (too limited coverage). However,
there's also an obvious eclipse in the light curve, with a depth of 1.2 mag
and a duration of 17 minutes. Hence, this establishes ASASSN-17lf as a new
eclipsing SU UMa-type dwarf nova. The object was at mag CV = 17.0 on Apr
20th.

I will send my observations to AAVSO, CBA and VSNET for further analysis.

Best regards
Tonny

---

Tonny Vanmunster
CBA Belgium Observatory
CBA Extremadura Observatory
http://www.cbabelgium.com

PERANSO : The Light Curve and Period Analysis Software
http://www.peranso.com