[vsnet-alert 25767] ATel #14570: Spectroscopic Follow-up Observation Report of PGIR21fjn/AT2021kgk (Perhaps a Classical Nova?)

Kenta TAGUCHI kentagch at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Apr 26 17:19:42 JST 2021

ATel #14570: Spectroscopic Follow-up Observation Report of
PGIR21fjn/AT2021kgk (Perhaps a Classical Nova?)
https://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=14570

We also reported follow-up spectroscopy of PGIR21fjn/AT2021kgk, which
was taken about two days before the ones reported on ATel #14574.
(We observed it soon after the discovery report to TNS, so our
observation was prior to ATel #14567)

"To sum up, our spectrum and the amplitude of the outburst prefer that
this object is a classical nova having the P Cygni profile of Hα."
"However the optical light is so weak, so further observations
(especially infrared spectroscopy) are strongly encouraged."

There is an error in the text, so we just send an erratum:
https://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=14576
Sorry for the error.

Best Regards,
Kenta Taguchi