[vsnet-alert 25773] Re: V1405 Cas brightening

Kenta TAGUCHI kentagch at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Apr 28 20:29:03 JST 2021

Dear Kato-san,

>     Taguchi-san, do you have any estimate for
> the bolometric luminosity during the premaximum
> halt?  If the bolometric correction is large,
> the discrepancy may be avoided.
I think it should be large.

According to Munari et al. (ATel #14476), E(B-V)=0.55 is estimated.
Also, assuming it and m_B - m_V = 0.4 from the AAVSO lightcurve,
extinction-free B - V will be -0.15.

If it is true, the temperature is high and the bolometric correction for
V will be -1.2 or -1.3 from Pecaut & Mamajek (2013).

Is my answer OK?
I am unconfident about it, so please teach me if you find anything wrong.

Best Regards,
Kenta