[vsnet-alert 25541] NSV 3240: new long period SU UMa-type dwarf nova

tonny.vanmunster@gmail.com via vsnet-alert vsnet-alert at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Mar 14 09:40:50 JST 2021

Dear colleagues,

I have just finished analysing my unfiltered CCD observations of NSV 3240,
obtained tonight 2021, Mar 13/14 at CBA Extremadura Observatory, using a
0.40-m f/5.1 telescope and SX-46 CCD camera under clear skies.

Regular superhumps with an amplitude of 0.24 mag are clearly visible in the
resulting light curve, establishing NSV 3240 as a new SU UMa-type dwarf
nova. A period analysis using the ANOVA, Lomb-Scargle,
Generalized-Lomb-Scargle and PDM methods (Peranso 3.0), yields a combined
long superhump period of 0.0950 +/- 0.0018d. The object was at mag CV = 15.5
on Mar 13th.

I will send my observations to AAVSO, CBA and VSNET for further analysis.

Thanks to Taichi Kato and Patrick Schmeer for announcing the outburst.

Best regards

Tonny

---

Tonny Vanmunster

CBA Belgium Observatory

CBA Extremadura Observatory

 <http://www.cbabelgium.com> www.cbabelgium.com

PERANSO : The Light Curve and Period Analysis Software

www.peranso.com <http://www.peranso.com>

 <http://www.peranso.com>