[vsnet-alert 22484] Re: ASASSN-18rg: rebrightening

Kojiguchi Naoto kojiguchi at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Sep 6 02:23:56 JST 2018

Re: ASASSN-18rg: rebrightening

    Additional information.

ASASSN-18rg is considered to be a period bouncer with an extremely low
mass ratio.
This is expected from the form of the outburst and the long duration of
the dip phase before the rebrightening (longer than two weeks). This
outburst will be classified as type-E/double superoutburst.

This object had not been reported since Aug. 29.
So we don't know when the object underwent this rebrightening.
We expect to detect growing (stage A) superhumps, but perhaps stage A
superhumps may be observable only now.

If "stage A superhump" can be observed, the mass ratio can be estimated.
Therefore, further time resolution observations are strongly encouraged.