[vsnet-alert 22986] Re: V386 Ser: ordinary superhumps finally, likely WZ Sge object

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Feb 8 08:57:59 JST 2019

> Please note that in my vsnet-alert 22947 message, I literally wrote: "The
> resulting light curve of Jan 19/20 clearly shows the presence of *double-peaked
> (early) superhumps* with an amplitude of 0.11 mag, hence classifying this
> object as a new WZ Sge type dwarf nova".

   The period was different from the orbital one.
I, of course, tried to find the period using your
initial and subsequent data, but couldn't confirm
the presence of early superhumps.
Later data by various observers didn't show
this periodicity and they often showed systematic
variations likely caused by high air masses.