[vsnet-alert 23536] Re: SDSS J214354.60+124458.0: damping oscillations like IW And-type?

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Sep 5 10:10:00 JST 2019

Re: SDSS J214354.60+124458.0: damping oscillations like IW And-type?

> According to ASAS-SN data, recently this object has shown damping
> oscillations like the IW And-type. This object is known as an ordinary
> Z Cam-type object and showed a dwarf nova phase with a high duty cycle
> until July 2019 (cf. vsnet-alert 23253).

   Rather than damping oscillations, the current phase
looks like "heartbeat oscillation" as in HO Pup
(see ASAS-SN light curve in vsnet-alert 22493).
HO Pup showed this heartbeat phase in 2018-2019
based on Josch Hambsch's observations (this star has
been a campaign target).  We consider that this is
a variety of the IW And-type phenomenon.

   There is also a new paper (mostly observations
during the standstill state):
https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2019MNRAS.tmp.2168A/abstract