[vsnet-alert 24066] Re: ASASSN-20ci: SU UMa nature unconfirmed

Tonny Vanmunster tonny.vanmunster@gmail.com via vsnet-alert vsnet-alert at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Mar 16 10:24:23 JST 2020

From: vsnet-alert [mailto:vsnet-alert-bounces at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp]
Sent: maandag 16 maart 2020 1:14
To: suuma at yahoogroups.com; variable_star_forum at yahoogroups.com;
vsnet-alert at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp; vsnet-alert at yahoogroups.com;
vsnet-campaign-dn at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp;
vsnet-newvar at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp; vsnet-newvar at yahoogroups.com;
vsnet-outburst at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp; vsnet-outburst at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [vsnet-alert 24062] ASASSN-20ci: SU UMa nature unconfirmed

ASASSN-20ci: SU UMa nature unconfirmed

   Tonny Vanmunster reported second-night observation on Feb. 28.  The
object faded by 0.5 mag per day (at 16.6 mag on Feb. 28).  Such rapid fading
is incompatible with a superoutburst.
I conclude that the claim of superhump detection (vsnet-alert 24017) was
spurious (see also vsnet-alert 24022).  The object may be more likely an SS
Cyg star.