[vsnet-alert 24263] Fw: [vsnet-outburst 25104] ASASSN-20eo: peculiar object

Daisaku NOGAMI nogami at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu May 7 10:08:54 JST 2020

Dear colleagues,

An announcement on ASASSN-20eo by Tonny Vanmunster is forwarded
to vsnet-alert.  This was originally sent to vsnet-outburst, also
to vsnet-alert, but I discarded it from vsnet-alert by mistake.

Best regards,
Daisaku Nogami
---
Daisaku NOGAMI <nogami at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp>

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 12:31:51 +0200
From: "Tonny Vanmunster tonny.vanmunster at gmail.com via vsnet-outburst" <vsnet-outburst at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
To: <cba-chat at cbastro.org>, "'Taichi Kato'" <tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp>, "'ALERT, VSNET'" <vsnet-alert at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp>, <vsnet-campaign-dn at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp>, <vsnet-newvar at yahoogroups.com>, "'vsnet-outburst'" <vsnet-outburst at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
Subject: [vsnet-outburst 25104] ASASSN-20eo: peculiar object

Dear colleagues

I managed to obtain 5.4 hours of unfiltered CCD photometry last night (2020, May 04/05) of ASASSN-20eo at my CBA Belgium Observatory using a 0.40-m f/10.0 telescope with STT-3200ME CCD camera. Sky conditions were moderate with some clouds towards the second half of the session.

The resulting light curve (see below) shows some very interesting behaviour, quite a-typical from classical dwarf novae. The object shows large fluctuations (up to 0.3 mag) on time scales of 10-15 minutes, superimposed over an overall gradual decline of about 0.6 mag, which stabilized towards the end of my

observing session.

All fluctuations are highly irregular, with no obvious periodicity.

This object definitely merits further intensive photometric and spectroscopic coverage!

I will send my observations to the AAVSO, CBA and VSNET for further processing.

Best regards

Tonny

--

Tonny Vanmunster