[vsnet-alert 24474] Re: ASASSN-20iv: new SU UMa-type dwarf nova candidate

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Jul 27 07:52:14 JST 2020

Re: ASASSN-20iv: new SU UMa-type dwarf nova candidate

> The light curve shows a clear superhump-like modulation with a period of
> 0.0883(1) d.
> But the modulation amplitude is at least larget than 1 mag (even
> considering the magnitude error), and thus this modulation can be noise.

   I have seen such large-amplitude superhumps only
in eclipsing systems.  It may be that this object
is also eclipsing, but eclipses may have not been
detected since the object is faint (around 17-18 mag).
Josch probably answer this question (whether the gaps
were clouds or non-detection from eclipses).