[vsnet-alert 25438] Re: ZTF20acyxwzf = ASASSN-21au: rapid fading with superhump-like variations

Kojiguchi Naoto kojiguchi at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Feb 23 12:43:27 JST 2021

     Itoh-san, Tonny Vanmunster, Kubotera-san, Graeme Coates, Kyoto U. team and Maehara-san have reported further observations.
According to their observations, the fading rate of 1.7 mag/d has been constant since last night.
We obtained the superhump-like variations period of 0.0401(1)d during the rapid fading, which is shorter than that of 0.0405d during the plateau.

To judge the stage of the superhump-like variations, time-resolved photometry is encouraged, but this object is at 16 mag.
If possible, time-series observation is encouraged even if this object is faint.

   YYYYMMDD(UT)   mag  code
   20210222.080 15.143CV Van
   20210222.426 15.565C Ioh
   20210222.600 15.958C Kub