[vsnet-alert 8478] (fwd) V4641 Sgr contemporaneous vis-IR observation tonight, wavelength at other wavelengths are also strongly encouraged

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Jun 27 14:08:36 JST 2005

Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:58:58 +0900
From: Makoto Uemura <uemuram at hiroshima-u.ac.jp>
Subject: [Vsnet-campaign-xray 314] V4641 Sgr campaign with IR observations by
	the 2.2m hawaii telescope

V4641 Sgr campaign with IR observations by the 2.2m hawaii telescope

    We call for optical-IR simultaneous time-series observations tonight.
Dr. Pitts, now at the 2.2m hawaii telescope on Mauna Kea, kindly
told us that they may have a time to perform infrared observations for
V4641 Sgr tonight.  Simultaneous optical observations are encouraged.

    It is suspected that rapid optical variations are not from
thermal accretion disk, but from non-thermal, synchrotron emission
from a vicinity of a black hole or relativistic jets.
If it is the case, we can expect the same variations in infrared
light curves as optical ones.

Regards,
Makoto Uemura
Hiroshima University