[vsnet-alert 8534] Possible nova in Sgr - Confirmation

Michael Linnolt linnolt at hawaii.edu
Tue Jul 5 16:05:56 JST 2005

I visually confirm the appearance of a bright stellar object at the
approximate position indicated by Liller. I estimate it at V=8.0 using
the comps TYC 7392-1127-1 and TYC 7392-980-1 (+Bessell corrections) on
Jul 05 0630UT. The actual position appears somewhat under one arcmin NW
of the stated coordinates.

Mike Linnolt (LMK)
Woodside, CA