[vsnet-alert 8577] Re: FL TrA outburst

B Monard bmonard at mweb.co.za
Thu Jul 28 04:48:35 JST 2005

Dear readers,

I just return from my observatory where timeseries unfiltered photometry on
the outbursting FL TrA have been started.

I must congratulate Rod not just for his find (after scrutinizing the field
for many patient years), but also his keen astrometric judgment. The 'new'
object is indeed located a few arcsec NNE of the candidate indicated
(hesitantly by lack of another one visible near the position) in the CV
atlas. The exact position will be measured and reported later.

FL TrA is presently constant around 15.1CR but it is likely that after so
many years of inactivity this star will oblige with a modulating light curve
in the nights to come...

Berto Monard
CBA Pretoria / Bronberg Observatory