[vsnet-alert 9092] Re: [AAVSO-DIS] Var CAS 06 - fading

Bjorn H. Granslo b.h.granslo at astro.uio.no
Thu Nov 2 06:02:50 JST 2006

Keith Geary wrote on Nov 1, 2006:

> Is there a formal chart out there that we can observe this object ??

No formal charts have yet been made but a NAS.VSS sequence is available:
http://www.astro.uio.no/~bgranslo/sequence/Var_Cas_2006.seq . The
photometry (V magnitudes and B-V colours) are based on Lausanne General
Catalogue of Photometric Data [GCPD], The Tycho-2 catalogue w/Bessell
[TYC2] and The Amateur Sky Survey Mark IV system [TASS]. The V magnitudes
should be correct to within 0.1 mag. for all sequence stars.

Mike Linnolt wrote on Nov 1, 2006:

> I made a visual estimate of this variable using Tycho2+Bessell comp stars
> v=8.98,9.67 and it appears to have faded rather quickly from the earlier
> estimates.
>
> YYYYMMDD(UT)   mag  observer
> 20061101.378    9.2      LMK

I can confirm the rapid fading of Tago's new variable star in Cassiopeia.
My visual observations using the NAS.VSS sequence:

YYYYMMDD(UT)   Mag  Obs  Instrument           Pogson step estimates
20061101.033   8.6  GRL  15.2-cm refl. (44x)  D-5;E=V;F+5 (class 1)
20061101.735   9.3  GRL   7.0-cm refr. (60x)  F-3;G+3;H+5 (class 1)

                                       Yours sincerely
                                    Bjorn H. Granslo (GRL)