[vsnet-campaign-dn 4567] Fw: [vsnet-alert 8744] V725 Aql rare outburst

Makoto Uemura uemuram at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Wed Nov 9 10:00:02 JST 2005

Fw: [vsnet-alert 8744] V725 Aql rare outburst

P. Schmeer reported a rare outburst of an SU UMa-type dwarf nova,
V725 Aql.  This object has a long superhump period.
Uemura et al. (2001) reported a roughly constant superhump period
thoughout a superoutburst, which is atypical for long period
SU UMa stars.

According to the report by P. Schmeer, we can still see an early
phase of the outburst.  If the current outburst is a superoutburst,
it is important to obtain the time evolution of superhumps in
the next couple of days, in order to to reveal the strange evolution
of the accretion disk in V725 Aql from the early phase.

Regards,
Makoto Uemura
Hiroshima University

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 00:15:25 +0100 (CET)
From: Patrick Schmeer <pasc1312-aavso at yahoo.de>
To: vsnet-alert at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp, vsnet-outburst at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Subject: [vsnet-alert 8744] V725 Aql rare outburst

Unfiltered CCD observations by P. Schmeer, Bischmisheim, Germany:
AQLV725 20051105.136 180:CR Scp
AQLV725 20051106.086 183:CR Scp
AQLV725 20051107.134 180:CR Scp
Instrument: University of Iowa, Rigel Telescope (0.37-m Cassegrain)
Sequence: Henden and Sumner (R magnitudes derived from V and B-V)

Visual magnitude estimate by P. Schmeer:
AQLV725 20051108.743 135:   Scp    moonlight and bad seeing
Sequence: AAVSO
Instrument: 203-mm SCT

Tonny Vanmunster has just confirmed this outburst upon my request:
2005 Nov. 8.896 UT, mag 13.6 (unfiltered 50s exposure using an
ST-7XME CCD and 0.35-m f/6.3 telescope)

According to the AAVSO light curve for V725 Aql the most recently
observed outburst of this SU UMa-type dwarf nova occurred on
2003 Dec. 28 (mv= 13.7).

Regards,
Patrick