[vsnet-chat 7179] Re: [AAVSO-DIS] Re: [cvnet-discussion] NSV 601 = New dwarf nova

Sebastian Otero varsao at fullzero.com.ar
Sat Aug 20 01:15:36 JST 2005

> Good work Sebastian!

Thanks, Mike,

> Sorry it took so long for a response. Been pretty busy of late.
> I'll try to put to gether a chart for it and post it to the CVnet
> discussion
> files section. Maybe this weekend if it's rainy.
>
> Are you planning to do an IBVS or something on this discovery?

I am working on a paper with strange and noteworthy stars found in ASAS data
that need observations and spectroscopy and I thought about including it
there. The aim of that paper is to call the attention to those stars, so if
this star has already got someone interested and someone plans to do a
follow up and a deeper study I can hold it back and wait for that to happen
and skip this first "calling the attention stage".
If people are planning to start looking at it (and if you make a chart this
will be likely ;-)) then it would be better to wait for the next outburst
and publish the discovery along with photometry (so we could confirm the
possible UGSU nature) and spectroscopy if possible.
So I hope the Southern guys will be observing it and they'll catch it
exploding.

Cheers,
Sebastian.