[vsnet-chat 7246] Re: re unidentified ob.

Donn Starkey starkey73 at mchsi.com
Wed Oct 26 11:03:00 JST 2005

Alan:

The MPChecker does not show any bodies within a 15 arcmin radius of the
position that you gave out to the 15th mag for the UT date that you
specified.

I also checked using the J2000 position of U Dor.  There are no bodies out
to the 20th mag within 30 arcsec of that location.

There is, however, a star cluster, [SL63] 277, located at RA 05 10.4
  Dec -64 28.0.  This is just south and slightly east of U Dor.  Since the
cluster is not well documented, it is not seen on any of the popular
planetarium programs.

Donn

Donn Starkey
starkey73 at mchsi.com