[vsnet-chat 7339] Re: (cba:chat) BZ and GW!

bmonard bmonard at mweb.co.za
Mon Apr 16 01:17:56 JST 2007

Re GW Lib: observed with CCD-V

Timeseries photometry were done at CBA Pretoria under windy conditions
during the later half of the night 13-14 April. Over a duration of 2.5h GW
Lib showed a gradual fading from 8.35 to 8.40V.

Observations done during the first half of the following night under partly
cloudy conditions showed GW Lib quite constant around 8.55V. What looks as
another fading episode towards the end of the run, might have been the start
of growing superhumps.
Then, the clouds took over....

Hopefully more luck tonight, but it doesn't look like it.

Note: I take the bright star East of GW Lib as C and assign 9.2V as its
brightness. This star is No1 in the Henden sequence which is stated to be
saturated.

Regards,

Berto Monard
CBA Pretoria