[vsnet-chat 7366] Re: BAV-Forum: JVSSA chart for V458 Vul (N Vul 2007)

arne arne at aavso.org
Fri Aug 24 21:19:37 JST 2007

Wolfgang Renz wrote:
> Hello
>
> N Vul 07 dropped well below the faintest comp (10.2 mag) on the AAVSO
> chart.
>
> At the home page of the Nihon Henkousei Kenkyuukai (= JVSSA, Japan
> Variable Stars Study Association):
> http://www4.airnet.ne.jp/mira/nhk/index_e.html
> I found a chart for the nova with a visual sequence with TASS mags that
> goes down to 13.0 mag:
> JVSSA - News Flash of variable stars
> http://www4.airnet.ne.jp/mira/nhk/flash/index.html
> JVSSA - News Flash No.259 - N Vul 2007
> http://www4.airnet.ne.jp/mira/nhk/flash/0200/0259.html
> http://www4.airnet.ne.jp/mira/nhk/flash/0200/0259_vulnova2007.gif
> http://www4.airnet.ne.jp/mira/nhk/flash/0200/0259_vulnova2007.pdf

I have placed a BVRI calibration file for V458 Vul at
ftp://ftp.aavso.org/public/calib/v458vul.dat

This is a two-night calibration during nonphotometric weather at
Sonoita Research Observatory.  The nights are zeropointed based on
Richard Miles' calibration of the brighter comparison stars in the
field, and so will be on his system until we have clear weather
at SRO.  I do not expect the magnitudes to change by more than
one or two hundredths with better calibration.

This file goes down to about V=16.  As this is a galactic plane field,
there are lots of stars that can be used as comparisons as the nova
fades.  Use the DSS to ensure that any specific comparison star does
not have close companions. I would strongly encourage the use of this
file rather than TASS, due to the crowded nature of the field.
Arne