[vsnet-chat 7548] Re: variable in OTJ16... field?

David Boyd drsboyd at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jul 12 18:19:49 JST 2010

I've just analysed 5 nights (5-9 July) data from Bart and myself on the putative
new variable GSC 967 904. All from essentially one longitude so there are strong
aliases. It looks like a genuine variable unrelated to the nearby superhumper.

The sinusoidal fitting methods in Peranso all favour a single cycle period of
0.169d with amplitude 0.08mag. ANOVA seems to prefer a longer double cycle
period. No colour information seems to be available yet.

Regards,
David