[vsnet-grb-info 4903] GCN website outage

GCN Circulars gcncirc at capella.gsfc.nasa.gov
Sun Jul 15 22:24:23 JST 2007

TO:  All people interested in the GCN Website                     15 July 07
RE:  Website off-line until Monday

The power upgrade and outage Friday evening through Saturday day
has been completed.  As expected the GCN Notices and Circulars
continued to work during that interval.  And they continue to work
normally since them.  However, the disks for the hold the GCN website
pages suffered a failure during power-up.  So the GCN website (and all
Goddard Building 2 websites) are off-line.

And while I am sending out this annoncement, I'll take the opportunity
to explain why there were no GCN Notices for GRB 070714A (Swift Trigger 284850).
This burst occurred during the portion of the Swift orbit covered by
the TDRSS_275 satellite which was experiencing problems at the time.
Hense all the messages transmitted by Swift for that burst were not received
by the TDRSS satellite and therefore nothing was transmitted down to the ground
to GCN.  So there were no Notices to send out.  TDRSS_275 was restored to normal
operations a couple orbits later.

Sincereely,
Scott Barthelmy

PRE POWER OUTAGE ANNOUNCEMENT:                               13 Jul 07