[vsnet-alert 8606] Re: Possible nova in the SMC

Andrew & Tracey Pearce arpearce at ozemail.com.au
Mon Aug 8 21:04:03 JST 2005

Bill and all

I have been able to visually confirm Bill Liller's possible nova in the SMC
as detailed below:

Nova in SMC

Aug. 8.509, 11.7 (A.Pearce, Nedlands, W. Australia);

It appears at the position quoted by Bill and Berto Monard.  I have used
comparison star magnitudes as per Mati Morel's recent chart.

Regards
Andrew Pearce