[vsnet-alert 8631] Re: New object near M27

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Aug 22 14:21:45 JST 2005

Re: [vsnet-alert 8628] Re: [baavss-alert] New object near M27

> CCD photometry at West Challow Observatory, UK, using a 0.35m SCT and SXV-H9 CCD
> with V and I filters gave the following mean transformed magnitudes and standard
> errors for the reported object.
>
> 2005 Aug 21.916   V=16.17 +/- 0.01
> 2005 Aug 21.917   I=16.00 +/- 0.04

   Given the relatively blue color and the low galactic lattitude, the
object may be an outbursting dwarf nova.  If this is the case, observers
are urged to start observation as soon as possible (before it fades).

   Time-resolved photometry might reveal its nature.