[vsnet-alert 8770] Another NLMC mag

W.Liller wliller at compuserve.com
Tue Dec 6 01:02:06 JST 2005

Hola again -

Raquel Shida forwarded to me a color Digicam picture of the field of N LMC
'05 taken by Fabio Carvalho, a Brazilian amateur.  I have measured the mag
of the nova using the MaxIm reduction procedure and his frame and find
this:

Feb 4.138 UT  JD 2453708.638    mag 12.17  +/-  0.15

where I have assumed that the effective passband is similar to that of the
standard V. which it certainly isn't.  Still, there is no question that the
nova is brighter than it was a few days after maximum.

All the best,  Bill Liller