[Vsnet-alert 8393] V Sge - URGENT!

Astronyx PC astronyx at astronyx.sk
Sat May 14 01:15:12 JST 2005

Dear CCD observers as well as visuals!

We would like to inform You about the possibility to obtain high resolution
phase-resolved visual spectroscopy of the Supersoft X-ray Source V Sagittae.
Our prime-time has been scheduled for the nights of May, 16 and 17, 2005
(Monday and Wednesday next week). The spectra should be obtained from
Canada, Toronto, so we need urgent help especially from those in the U.S. or
Canada.
But not only, of course:).
We need to monitor this star as much as possible for next few nights.
Please, be so kind to observe this star photometrically each clear night
from now till the end of the next week at least .
Visual magnitude of the system is of 11 mag by now and should be very easy
target for Your CCDs using as much filters as possible (UBVRI).

Unfortuantely, we were informed only today. Having no time to prepare
English version of the material, you will find the CCD observational chart
and comparison stars in the diploma work using this link:

V Sge: http://gszasz.kozmos.sk/download/diplomovka/diplomovka.pdf

Please, send Your observations to kpetrik at astronyx.sk.

We will inform You on how the thing goes on.
Best regards,
Karol Petrik, Gabriel Szasz, M. Chrastina

Hlohovec Observatory
Sladkovicova 41         tel.: 00421 33  730 1828
920 01 Hlohovec         fax: 00421 33  733 1912
SLOVAKIA                ICO: 360 88 269
web:  www.portcoeli.sk   e-mail: kpetrik at astronyx.sk
mobile/cell: Orange 00421 905  23 65 01
             Eurotel 00421 903  263 178