[Vsnet-alert 8406] V Sge campaign - light changes

Karol Petrik kpetrik at astronyx.sk
Mon May 23 01:28:05 JST 2005

Dear CCD observers,

I am happy to inform You, that we had some clear nights in Slovakia to
observe V Sge in the B filter.
Thanks a lot to all from Greece, Canada and Czech Republic again for their
support. Next three nights are going to be very important for the V Sge CCD
observations, because reducing and analysing the data we found this star to
be changing its mean brightness for 0.22 mag ! It is rising and we surely
need to obtain the light curves in as many filters as could be for the time
of our spectroscopic observations!!!!!!!!!!

Please, do continue to observe V Sge by long runs at least till Wednesday,
but much better till Sunday next week in as many filters as You can.

So, next three nights are going to be crucial to obtain simultaneous data
with spectroscopy! Gary in Canada, please stay alive:-)
But where are all the other observers from Canada and US :-)??? Please, join
us.

With my best regards,

Karol Petrik
Hlohovec Observatory and Planetarium
Sladkovicova 41         tel.: 00421 33  730 1828
920 01 Hlohovec         fax: 00421 33  733 1912
SLOVAKIA                ICO: 360 88 269
web:  www.portcoeli.sk   e-mail: kpetrik at astronyx.sk
mobile/cell: Orange 00421 905  23 65 01
                T-Mobile 00421 903  263 178