[Vsnet-alert 8410] J1556 -- immature superhump?

Akira Imada a_imada at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri May 27 16:09:17 JST 2005

Dear Colleagues,

SDSSJ1556 --an SU UMa star candidate--

We've received new data from Nakajima-san (VSOLJ, Japan) in which a hump-like
profile can be seen. So far, because of less data, we don't know whether the
hump is an immature one or not. If this outburst is a superoutburst, there is a possibility
that we success in observing the transition from an immature hump to a genuine superhump,
which makes significant progress in understanding the disk instability.
Thus time-resolved photometry is encouraged.

Regards,
Akira Imada
VSNET Collaboration team