[vsnet-alert 8752] Re: Fw: DV Dra extremely rare outburst

Ken'ichi Torii torii at ess.sci.osaka-u.ac.jp
Tue Nov 22 21:11:55 JST 2005

K. Hasuike and K. Torii (Osaka U.) report:

 "We imaged the DV Dra region with the ART 14 inch telescope, and
confirm the ~15 mag star near the DV Dra position.

12x12 arcminutes image (star time 11:22 UT,
60s x 5frames in Rc under poor condition)
is shown in the following.
http://wwwxray.ess.sci.osaka-u.ac.jp/~torii/tmp/dvdra_20051122.gif

Preliminary analysis suggests that the position of the star
(18 17 23.1, 50 48 18) (very rough estimate with ~5" uncertainty)
is about 18 arcseconds to the west compared to that in the GCVS catalog."